June 29th, 2014 in Waynesville, NC
July 1st, 2014 in Swannanoa, NC.
Works by Franz Josef Haydn, Alec Wilder and Robert Schumann.
July 6th, 2014 in Waynesville, NC
July 8th, 2014 in Swannanoa, NC.
Works by Jean-Phillipe Rameau, Franz Schmidt and Ludwig van Beethoven.
July 13th, 2014 in Waynesville, NC
July 15th, 2014 in Swannanoa, NC.
Works by Leonard Bernstein, Wallingford Riegger, Inessa Zaretsky, Cole Porter and Samuel Barber.
July 20th, 2014 in Waynesville, NC
July 22nd, 2014 in Swannanoa, NC.
Works by Camille Saint-Saens and Franz Schubert.
July 27th, 2014 in Waynesville, NC
July 29th, 2014 in Swannanoa, NC.
Works by Ludwig van Beethoven, John Harbison and Antonín Dvořák.
Welcome to Swannanoa: Summer of 2014
The 2014 Swannanoa Chamber Music Festival is coming up soon and we have another exiting season planned for your enjoyment.
- We will be performing some of the most beautiful chamber music ever written, such as great standards by Beethoven, Dvořák, Schubert and Schumann as well as many other interesting and varied selections that will be sure to please and delight our audiences.
- This summer we again welcome back both the Enso Quartet and the Jasper Quartet. Inessa Zaretsky and Paul Nitsch will be back on the piano as well as the usual complement of wind players.
- Of special interest is the third program which will be all American music featuring soprano Felicia Moore performing premiers of Inessa Zaretsky’s songs based on the poems of Carl Sandburg, who spent a good deal of time in Western North Carolina, and a chamber music arrangement of one of the most beautiful pieces ever written, Knoxville: Summer of 1915 by Samuel Barber.
Please plan to spend some of your summer with us. Western North Carolina will provide the beautiful scenery, and we will provide the beautiful music.
We are still committed to bringing you:
Beautiful chamber music...
- performed by some of the best musicians in the United States,
- set in an intimate atmosphere
- and surrounded by some of the most beautiful mountains in the world.
Last Updated ( Mar 04, 2014 at 09:46 PM )